- The Story of Melinda’s Career
- Creating a Successful Brand Architecture
- The Biggest Opportunity for Fandango on Social
How does Fandango approach social media as a whole?
All of our brands have their own social presence, with their own implementation and their own audiences. We really want to bring that together and make our content relevant for it’s specific audience. We’re on all of the platforms and we try to experiment. What’s been really fun is that a lot of our brand partners and digital/social partners are open to experimenting with us and they come to us with new products and ideas for launches which allows us to get in there from the beginning and tweak how we’re pushing things out on social.
Which one of your brands do you think is doing a great job on social right now?
The Fandango MovieClips brand was an interesting acquisition. They’re a heavy hitter on YouTube and every trailer that you’re watching is probably coming from MovieClips. They’re doing a lot of original content and their audience is so engaged and they love the content. It’s really a place for our brand to play because at the end of the day, we want people to buy a ticket. It’s hard to balance that transaction push with the content but MovieClips is really about the fandom and I think the social strategy is so much fun and really is bringing people in.
Key Sound Bites
“At work, I’m open-minded when it comes to new approaches, I embrace my curiosity and welcome healthy-debate.”
“We want to be the conduit for that love of movies that everyone has.”
“Social has given brands a great opportunity to become very authentic, transparent and have that 1:1 connection with their consumers.”
- Company Website: http://www.fandango.com/
- Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/MsMelindaP
- Company Twitter: https://twitter.com/Fandango
- Personal LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/melinda-petrow-8b14a23
- Company LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fandango